The Marks & Frantz Experience
The process can be daunting and unfamiliar for those who have never worked with a designer or architect before! Our goal is to de-mystify the process for you and make this an enjoyable and pain-free experience.
Super important pre-design phase where we get the nitty gritty details nailed down to stay on time and within budget:
- Determine scope of work
- Identify the key players or “team” – architects, contractors, receiving warehouse, paperhanger, and so many more.
- Critical path – develop a timeline that is realistic and works for all involved.
- Discuss clients wishes for the project level of detail and finishes, furnishing style and budgetary requirements.
- We get to know you and your family. Favorites colors, shoe size, loves and hates, pet peeves…all those bits and pieces inform our design style as we strive to create the perfect home that reflects YOU, not your designer!
Design concept development
This is where the fun begins!
- Space planning, mood imagery and initial material palette ideas are developed in this phase
- We present our ideas to you in the form of interior sketches, furniture plans, elevations, ceiling designs, floor patterns, furniture reference and preliminary finish selections…just to name a few!
- Once we fulfill the major design concepts to your liking, we start developing those ideas. In this phase, we push the design concept into every corner of the project to develop and understand each of the interior spaces, how they will function and how they will relate to each other.
Once Design Concepts are approved, we embark on:
- Sourcing, Shopping and Selecting
- Detailing – Once the clients has approved the design phase, the indepth detailing of the project’s designs begins. In this phase, the interior design drawings are fully coordinated with consultants and vendors as needed. This detail work is paramount to ensure that the design is executed correctly.
- Documenting – After the details are developed and coordinated, the production of the working drawings are developed with required construction information pertinent to your local town requirements. In addition to the set of drawings, specification packages of plumbing, lighting, cabinetry, finishes and paint schedules are submitted. Your documentation is specifically tailored to the needs of the project and the client. These documents assure that all trades, designer and client are on the same page!
Purchasing and Order Management
Purchasing and Order Management
- We have put all selected items on proposals, you have approved and paid for them and the ordering begins! Won’t bore you with the details of this phase, but when you see our purchasing binder, you will understand why each items ordered requires about 10 documents from order inception to receipt in the shipping warehouse. The devil is in the details! We inspect for damages, we track the deliveries, we stage it in a bonded and insured warehouse until the home is ready for delivery.
- Installation – the best part of the whole process. In one day, or sometimes it’s more like one week, we magically install your home – beds are made, closets organized and the fridge is stocked!